We made it, y’all! Holiday season 2017 is upon us and I love it. I LOVE IT. The beautiful lights, the fresh trees, all kinds of jovial décor… That’s right, I said jovial. Because it’s the holidays and you can use words like that during this time without judgement. Live your life. Anyway, the holiday season also means expressing your love and devotion for all those folks who are pulling for you throughout the rest of the year. It’s a time to say “thank you for answering the phone in the middle of the night when my car imploded and I needed a ride” or “thanks for not hating me when I told you that the shelf you were super proud of having DIY’d was crooked.” What?… I didn’t do that. That was just an example. I mean it could happen to anyone. Moving on…
My point is, there are people in my life who have gone to bat for me and while there are always moments throughout the year to celebrate one another, there’s something extra special about the holidays. That being said, there are few things that really put the pressure on like having to find the “perfect” gift for someone while under a deadline. I’ve been on both ends of too many gift blunders to count over the years (I’m looking at you shoe box of hand-me-down aunt socks circa 2000) and I’d like to think that the knowledge hasn’t been completely wasted on me. So. I’m here for you, fam. I’ve put together a quick holiday gift guide to help us navigate this season with flair.
- For the adorably whimsical bibliophile in your life.Torrid is always coming through for your girl. SERIOUSLY. This Hogwarts School List tote bag is so amazing! I saw it on sale for only $30 and immediately purchased one for a friend who is a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I may have snagged one for myself also. But can you blame me? Downside: this fabulous bag sold out pretty quick, however they do have a matching wallet which is still available on their site. Harry Potter Hogwarts School Tote Bag Retail: $49.90 This Unicorns book by Skye Alexander has been floating around for quite some time and I love the whimsical nature of it. What a fun book for an imaganitive child or a fanciful throwback to have as an adult. I’ve seen this book, and others by this author, available at Target stores, Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, and ModCloth to name a few. Unicorns: The Myths, Legends, & Lore by Skye Alexander … Retails between: $13.76-$14.44
- For the more traditional person who loves keepsakes.
- For that one kid who has to touch EVERYTHING.
- For the one who’s a little off the beatnik path (get it?).
- For the Chef du Jour.
- For the hipster who secretly wants to home-brew but doesn’t know how to… yet.
- For the ones you tip your hat to ( i.e. work folks, mail carriers, neighbors, etc.).
- For the ones who take care of everyone else.
- For the one who likes to be a little extra.
- For that ride-or-die, tongue-in-cheek friend who knows too much. Yes, you.
Alright, y’all. Go forth and be the hero of your holiday season, tribe. If you liked this post, be sure to give it a big thumbs up. Leave some love below with your favorite holiday hits and/or misses. Make sure you’re subscribed so you don’t miss out on all of the amazing holiday décor, hauls, DIY, and just overall goodness that’s coming soon here at Miles To Go. Wishing you all good things, y’all. Always. Xo